The Australian Government is inviting public comments for its review of mechanisms currently in place to support Australian drama, documentary and children’s content, including the Australian Screen Production Incentive.
The review focuses particularly on the following issues:
- the economic and social value of Australian screen content to the Australian community;
- the current and likely future market for Australian screen content production and distribution; and
- whether the Australian Government’s current policy settings:
- are relevant to current industry practice;
- appropriately target content;
- ensure an approach that works across a diversity of platforms;
- promote a sustainable production and distribution sector; and
- are able to support Australian content on any platform into the future.
The public consultation opens in June and will report by the end of the year. Details on how to provide comment are at: https://www.communications.gov.au/australian-childrens-screen-content-review